Plant Prefab, www.plantprefab.com, is the first prefabricated home factory in the nation dedicated to sustainable construction, materials, processes, and operations. Plant manufactures custom and single/multifamily homes that are high-quality, healthy, and durable. With their patented building system, Plant delivers low cost homes in half the time and with less waste than traditional site-based contractors. Plant models are fully customizable and available to individuals, developers, and architects. Plant was spun out of LivingHomes, www.livinghomes.net, and major funding was provided by Obvious Ventures, www.obviousventures.com. The company operates out of 62,000 sf facility in Rialto, California.
The Project Manager will first and foremost be the central point of contact and information for projects and accountable to ensure that projects are completed on-time, on-budget and high customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will be able to expertly manage project schedules (including Gantt charting and timelines), information flow, costs, RFIs, change orders, subcontractor relations, bid write-ups, and processes for submittals. The project manager will be expected to work closely and seamlessly with factory and field personnel, purchasing, estimating, and design teams to ensure project delivery.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives of various projects during preconstruction and construction process.
- Review and prepare project proposal/plans and contracts including time frame, funding margins, and procedures and scope of work.
- Coordinate project management activities with schedules for client, architects, engineers, designers, state and local jurisdiction and production.
- Provide specifications and scope of work documents for contract.
- Interact with Clients, Architects, Engineers, MEP Designers, State and Local Jurisdictions, and staff to develop project objectives, schedules, and budgets.
- Lead value engineering efforts and alternative solutions with the owner, designers, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Coordinate project team to ensure timely coordination of submittals, requests for information (RFI’s) and plan revisions.
- Create and submit accurate Change Orders in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate procurement schedules, and provide takeoffs to purchasing to ensure accurate and timely delivery of materials.
- Monitor project progress and resolve daily issues that arise.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports, pictures and videos of all projects.
- Ensure quality standards and requirements are met on each project.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports (including progress photo documentation).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven work experience as a Project Manager or similar role.
- 7-10 years of hands-on experience in a management role in ground up residential, multi-family construction or related trades, and 5-7 years in project management, from conception to delivery.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with high end homes/custom projects.
- Modular construction and/or ground up residential construction experience preferred.
- Ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans.
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
- Strong client-facing skills both written and verbal.
- Strong working knowledge with Excel, Word, Planswift, Sage or other similar software.
- Strong Knowledge of blueprints, architectural and structural plans.
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. Basecamp, QuickBase, Buildertrend, Sage, Builder Trend etc.).
- PMP or Project management certification is a plus.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Plant Prefab.
Salary, performance-based bonus and stock options commensurate with experience and skills. Other great benefits including the opportunity to work with great architects and to create homes that improve the quality of living for people and the planet.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No applications will be accepted without a cover letter.