Plant Prefab, is the first prefabricated home factory in the nation dedicated to sustainable construction, materials, processes, and operations. Plant manufactures custom and single/multifamily homes that are high-quality, healthy, and durable. With their patented building system, Plant delivers low-cost homes in half the time and with less waste than traditional site-based contractors. Plant models are fully customizable and available to individuals, developers, and architects. Plant was spun out of LivingHomes, and major funding was provided by Amazon and Obvious Ventures. The company operates out of a 62,000 sf facility in Rialto, California, with a design studio in Santa Monica, CA.
The Purchasing Manager will be a key member of the leadership team, responsible for managing all procurement activities. Supervising, managing, mentoring, and motivating team members, the Purchasing Manager will lead effective collaboration with other departments and external vendors to help achieve company goals. The position reports to the General Manager and is based in our Rialto headquarters.
• Overseeing day-to day operation of purchasing, inventory and receiving.
• Creating and updating standard operating procedures and ensure compliance.
• Monitoring ongoing compliance with contractual agreements.
• Setting up and maintaining all data systems and reporting within our ERP system, Netsuite.
• Analyzing cost proposals, financial reports, and other information to support supplier, subcontractor and vendor negotiations.
• Negotiating volume pricing and monitors commodity activity in the market.
• Managing inventory control.
• Monitoring vendor relations and negotiating superior credit terms with vendors and subcontractors.
• Following environmental and safety regulations and acting in compliance with U.S. laws.
• Complying with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
• Managing, mentoring and motivating team members who support purchasing, inventory and receiving activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field
• 5-10 years of purchasing experience in custom residential, modular and/or multifamily construction
• Extensive knowledge in construction materials
• Excellent time management
• Superior proficiency and experience with purchasing software tools (e.g. Excel, Microsoft Office and ERP Systems)
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to collaborate with other departments
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Plant Prefab
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary and stock options commensurate with experience and skills. Other great benefits including the opportunity to work with great architects and to create homes that improve the quality of living for people and the planet.
Please apply on Workable. No applications will be accepted without a cover letter.